Camp Cove Beach is a hidden gem nestled along the eastern coast, offering a picturesque escape for beachgoers seeking tranquility and natural beauty. Located in the heart of Sydney, this coastal haven boasts a range of amenities and stunning surroundings that make it a must-visit destination.
Camp Cove Beach provides visitors with a range of facilities designed to enhance your beach experience. Whether you’re a sunbather or a water sports enthusiast, you’ll find something to suit your needs. The facilities include:
- Beach: The soft, golden sands of Camp Cove Beach stretch out invitingly, perfect for sunbathing, picnicking, or building sandcastles with the family.
- Kiosk: Craving a refreshing drink or a tasty snack? The beach’s kiosk has you covered, offering a variety of treats to keep you fueled and hydrated.
- Showers: After a refreshing swim in the crystal-clear waters, rinse off the salt and sand at the convenient shower facilities provided.
- Dogs: While many beaches welcome our four-legged friends, it’s important to note that Camp Cove Beach is an exception. Dogs are prohibited at all times to ensure a peaceful and safe environment for all visitors.
Camp Cove Beach is committed to being inclusive and accessible to all. Accessible parking is available at the nearby Cliff Street car park, managed by the National Parks and Wildlife Service. This ensures that everyone, regardless of mobility, can enjoy the natural beauty of this pristine beach.
To protect the marine ecosystem and the safety of all visitors, there are some important restrictions in place at Camp Cove Beach:
- Spearfishing: Spearfishing is prohibited within the beach area to preserve the underwater habitat and ensure the safety of swimmers.
- Fires: Lighting fires on the beach is also prohibited to prevent any risk of wildfires and maintain the serene atmosphere.
In line with efforts to protect swimmers and maintain a clean environment, smoking is not permitted on the beach.
Boat Exclusion Zone
For the safety of swimmers, a boat exclusion zone is enforced at Camp Cove Beach. This ensures that those in the water can enjoy their swim without interference from boats or watercraft.
Camp Cove Beach is a slice of coastal paradise that beckons visitors with its natural beauty and thoughtful amenities. Whether you’re looking to relax in the sun, take a dip in the clear waters, or simply unwind amidst the breathtaking scenery, this beach offers a memorable experience while adhering to important regulations to protect its unique charm.
Camp Cove Beach at a Glance
|Park / Reserve:||Yes|
|Shade:||Yes in the reserve above the beach|
|Cafes / Restaurants:||Yes a kiosk by the beach|
|Toilets / Showers:||Yes|
|Parking:||Paid parking by the beach and also limited parking in nearby streets|
Things to Do at Camp Cove Beach
Camp Cove Rentals and Accommodation
Getting to Camp Cove Beach by Public Transport
Plan your trip using the NSW Transport Trip Planner
Camp Cove Beach Map
Ivana Katz is a Sydney based website designer and travel blogger. Having her own business has given her the freedom to explore the world. She believes travel is the best teacher and her passion for adventure, writing and photography has taken her and her son to some amazing places, including Hawaii, Canada, Fiji, Greece and Czech Republic. Ivana’s favourite thing about travelling is learning, discovering hidden gems and creating memories. She loves nothing more than inspiring other women to chase their dreams and explore the world with their families and friends.
Lady Bay Beach
Watsons Bay Baths